Did you know that you don’t need a degree in interior design to give your bedroom a budget-friendly makeover?
I know I’m not!
With Tik Tok, Instagram and the lovely Pinterest, you have a 100,000 ideas to look through!
With a little bit of creativity and resourcefulness, you can transform your friend or partner’s bedroom into a manly haven or rest and relaxation.
So whether you’re a bachelor looking to upgrade your space or a couple working on a compromise, there are tons of men’s bedroom ideas out there to get you started.
And I’ve put together 27 of them!
Here are some great ideas for your bedroom.
Dark Men’s Bedroom Ideas
If you’re into a sleek and sophisticated vibe, you can always embrace darker tones for your bedroom.
Dark colors tend to add a touch of mystery and warmth while creating a cozy ambiance.
Think deep navy or charcoal walls complemented by bold metallic accents.
Pretty cool, right?
This modern and industrial look also adds a touch of masculinity to a bedroom. To get this look, consider these ideas:
1. Industrial Cool
Combine dark gray or navy blue walls with exposed brick or metal pieces for an industrial feel.
You can add in metallic accessories like lamps or framed mirrors for a super modern look.
2. Wooden Accents
Use dark wood furniture or accepts to add depth to your bedroom.
You can use dark wood for your bed frame, nightstands, or dresser.
3. Statement Artwork
You can use some bold and contrasting artwork to balance the dark palette.
Artwork is also an awesome way to add some personality!
Choose big, eye-catching wall art pieces to create focal points in your room.
Living in a small space doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style! You can definitely decorate in ways that maximize your small bedroom’s potential.
When you add in functional and space-saving pieces, you end up with a bedroom that feels open and inviting.
Here are some ways you can decorate your small bedroom.
4. Multifunctional Furniture
Use furniture that serves more than one purpose, like a bed with built-in storage.
Things like ottomans with storage can double as seating and your dresser can be used as a TV stand.
5. Vertical Storage
Use wall-mounted shelves and hooks to free up floor space in your small bedroom.
Floating shelves above your bed can be used to hold your books, plants, or other pieces of decor without taking up precious space.
6. Light Colors
Choose light and neutral colors for your walls and bedding.
This will help create the illusion of openness and space. Go for colors like white or light gray to make your room feel brighter and more spacious.
Mirrors are for more than checking yourself out!
Strategically placed mirrors can reflect light and make your small bedroom look bigger.
A full-length mirror on a closet door or a dedicated accent wall full of mirrors are perfect for opening up your space.
When it comes to men’s bedroom ideas, sometimes less is more! You can embrace simplicity with some uncomplicated designs.
Simple bedrooms aren’t boring, they’re calm and uncluttered. Check out these ideas for achieving a minimalist design:
8. Neutral Palette
Stick to simple colors like white, gray, and beige will give your bedroom a clean and timeless look.
You can use different shades of the same color around your room to give it a cohesive and minimalist feel.
9. Minimalist Furniture
Instead of cluttering your room with large pieces, stick with simple and streamlined furniture with clean lines.
Think Ikea furniture! You can get pieces with hidden storage to keep your clutter at bay.
10. Open Shelving
If you want to add a personal touch to your bedroom without cluttering your space, show off your stuff on open shelves.
You can showcase your favorite books, knickknacks, and photos on wall-mounted shelves.
11. Functional Decor
Choose decor items for your bedroom that serve a purpose.
For example, a stylish clock or a practical bedside lamp.
When you find things that are both functional and look cool, you can keep your bedroom looking simple and clean.
Do you love the outdoors? You can easily include warm and natural elements in your bedroom to get that outdoorsy and rustic feel.
Whenever I think about rustic bedroom ideas, I think about cozy cabins – so this design idea is definitely approved by this woman!
Here’s how you can get that rustic vibe in your bedroom.
12. Weathered Wood
For a rugged and authentic look, use weathered wood furniture!
Look for things like reclaimed wood bed frames, dressers, or bedside tables.
If you’re handy, you can even make your own out of recycled wood and materials.
13. Plaid Accents
Nothing says rustic like some good ol’ plaid!
ou can introduce plaid into your rustic bedroom through bedding, blankets, or throw pillows.
This cozy pattern comes in earthy tones like deep greens, brown, and reds.
14. Natural Elements
If you really want to amp up the rustic atmosphere, use natural elements like stone, leather, or faux fur.
You could do a stone accent wall or add some leather-upholstered furniture.
Toss a faux fur throw on the end of your bed and you’re good to go!
If you’re not one for going with a specific design “theme,” I get it. Sometimes you just want a space that feels comfortable and like you.
So if you’re not ready to commit to any of these modern men’s bedroom ideas, here are some other ways you can create a stylish space:
Men’s Bedroom Paint Ideas
You’d be amazed at how the right color in your bedroom can go a long way!
Whether you’re looking for men’s bedroom ideas in grey colors or more eye-catching tones, here are some color ideas to get you started:
- Charcoal Grey: Charcoal grey is a versatile color that you can use as an accent or for the entire room. It definitely creates a cozy and masculine space.
- Navy Blue: Navy blue is a classic and calming color. It can be paired with a crisp white or beige for a nautical-inspired look.
- Olive Green: This trendy option will give your bedroom an earthy feel. You can use it for the walls but also for bedding, curtains, or accent decor.
- Terracotta: Terracotta is a super warm and inviting color. You can use it all over your bedroom to add a touch of warmth to the space.
- Slate Blue: Slate blue is a stylish twist on plain old blue. You can do slate blue walls with contemporary furniture and metallic accents for a super modern bedroom.
Men’s Bedroom Lighting Ideas
Yeah, I know, the bedroom is for sleeping, so why is lighting important?
Lighting is such a simple way to create an atmosphere or a mood. Maybe you like to unwind at the end of the day with a good book, or maybe you need some good lighting while you get ready in the morning.
You need light!
And here are some amazing men’s bedroom lighting ideas worth checking out:
- Pendant Lights: Pendant lights hang from the ceiling to create a contemporary look. You can go for funky geometric shapes or industrial-inspired lights for a more edgy look.
- Edison Bulbs: Edison bulbs have a super vintage look. You can use them in bedside lamps or pendant lights.
- Bedside Lamps: For your bedside lighting, choose a sleek and functional lamp for targeted lighting (especially if you like to read in bed). Or you can use adjustable lamps for a more modern look and feel.
- String Lights: String lights are a cool way to create a cozy ambiance. You can hanging them along a feature wall or behind a sheer curtain.
- Himalayan Salt Lamps: give off a nice quiet orange vibe to a room and well, don’t they just look neat to have?
Men’s Bedroom Ideas for Apartments
I can give you all the best men’s bedroom ideas in the world, but if you live in an apartment, you may be limited as to what you can do decor-wise.
But there are ways you can decorate temporarily so that you can enjoy a bedroom that suits your style without sacrificing your damage deposit.
Here are some ideas:
- Removable Wallpaper: With removable wallpaper, you can add personality without commitment! You can use bold patterns, subtle textures, or even make your wall look like wood panels.
- Area Rugs: You can really add a lot to a space with a good rug. If you go for neutral colors or geometric colors, you can really tie the room together.
- Command Hooks: If you want to hang anything on a wall, command hooks are your new best friends! You can display artwork, mirrors, and more on your wall without leaving a mark.
- Wall Decals: Wall decals allow you to experiment with patterns and designs on your walls without a lasting commitment. You can use them to create an accent wall or add a unique focal point to your room.
So there you have it! Tons of amazing ideas for your bedroom that are budget-friendly and lady approved!
Just remember that a well-designed bedroom not only reflects your style but is also a comfortable and relaxing place to go at the end of the day.
For more home decor and organizing tips, follow me on Pinterest!